Thursday, August 9, 2012

Travel Approval! and New Photos :)







Travel Approval-  August 7th
We are leaving Friday, August 24th!
 Meet Annie....Monday, August 27
Landing back in Birmingham on Friday, September 7th




A few weeks ago I started doing important things- like choosing paint for our laundry room and starting to paint it....only to remember that I needed to paint the girl's room too- so quit painting the laundry room and started on the girl's room. I made a list of all the things I needed to do, and then lost it. These are just a small sample of how my brain is working right now.  When I took the kids to the farm this weekend to see my parents, Everette painted both the laundry and the girls room. He loves me :) One of his friends made the comment- wow, she's not even pregnant, and she's totally crazy and nesting! Thanks! (and yes, it's true- about both:))

So excited the time has come to SERIOUSLY start checking things off of our packing list - that sounds easy but it's 4 pages single spaced and my kids are with me every second until school starts August 20th. Hopefully I won't make them as crazy as I feel!
Can't wait. Also another family/friend I have made in Birmingham will be there at the same time and we are trying to coordinate hotels/flights to be together, especially on the flight home.

These pictures above are my favorites by far...I feel like the rest have been like mug shots! We sent her another care package last week and the lady, Ann, at Red Thread Packages, asked for an update of new measurements and photos and they sent her these. Everette and I agree that she is a Herring through and through- big head, puffy cheeks, knock knees, and a great sense of style. We love her!!!

I will update frequently as our plans unfold over the next 2 weeks...if you would like to follow our blog while we are traveling please sign up to follow by e-mail and you'll be notified when I post every few days. Loves!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet Annie Song in Guangzhou! So excited we are going to be travel buddies and friends for life:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! Your MIL gave us your blog. She worked with my Dad in Miami! We now live in Cullman . We are traveling on Aug 23rd to get our daughter from Yunnan. Such exciting times. Your daughter is beautiful. Many blessings,
    Lauren
    sndrs2@charter.net

    ReplyDelete